Products for Heliciculture
with two folds to prevent snails' escape
PATENTED AND TRADEMARKE
The Helitex net features inward folds with two functions: it prevents snails from escaping and it facilitates picking from the outside, as snails tend to climb over the net.
• Final height 1.0m
• 2 folds (one at 40cm from the ground, the second at 75cm).
• 100% non-toxic black snail slime resistant polyethylene which provides shade.
• Resistant to sunlight UV and to temperatures below -20°C (20-year warranty).
• Ladders on the flounces hinder snail's efforts to climb over the barrier.
• Mesh size 4mm on top, 2.5mm on the ground.
• Provides adequately ventilated shaded areas.
• Buttonholes for iron wires to hang the net.
HELITEX net comes with plastic hooks to hang the higher flounce forming a 45° angle to facilitate snail picking.
Irrigation must be always performed top down: only sprinklers and water-misting are therefore suitable, while drip, surface and flood irrigation are not. Water-misting is an efficient method as water is sprayed only on vegetations rather than on passages, preventing waste of water and growth of undesired vegetation. On the other hand, it is expensive due to the higher amount of working time compared to sprinkler systems.
Winter coverings for Helix Aspersa are made from non-woven fabric in order to speed up the growth of plants seeded in late winter.
• Made of polyethylene. Thanks to this transparent fabric, soil temperature is five-six degrees higher than outside.
• It protects snails in winter and accelerates the growth of plants.
• The humidity is kept constant during winter periods of drought too.
• Bobbin 5.4m x 250m wide
Defence against Insects
These disinfectants are specific for snail farming (they are not harmful to Helix Mollusca) to eliminate predator insects (ground beetles, sylphides, rove beetles). These granular products have been developed and tested specifically for heliciculture and are regularly used in snail farms. They are used to prepare the soil to host new snails and as a preventive disinfection in and around enclosures in Spring.
Small baits with paraffin wax and water and are humidity resistant. They can be used outdoors against mice and bigger rats.
Net for galvanised steel plate to prevent escape
• Rolls. Available sizes: starting from 1m x 50m. One roll covers a 150m long laminate: 3 stripes, 33cm wide
For reproductive areas (R)
For fattening areas (I)
For external supplementary vegetation
with different growth and blossoming as per season
PROTECTIVE AND RESISTANT LETTUCES
SMALL WHITE CLOVER
Seeds are delivered together with instructions on seeding time and method.
VISIT THE PAGES